Monday, July 25, 2005

sense of smell

It is amazing how evolved our sense of smell really is.

Today I went to Elat Market, just one of the best markets in the world, that is, if you prepare yourself beforehand and accept the fact that it will be so crowded and the women so pushy that you will probably exit the place bruised. But the produce, you just cannot find it any cheaper elsewhere.

They also have a lot of middle-eastern foods, like Leben yogurt. I LOVE Leben. It is one of those foods my parents only bought on Pesach. Even though it totally tastes good all year round. So today I bought two chocolate Lebens and got all excited about eating it and came home and opened the first one.

OMIGOD THE SMELL. It wasn't the normal rotton milk smell, but it wasn't the normal, sweet, fresh Leben smell either. It was like dirty socks smell. And my EVOLVED BRAIN just KNEW that this Leben was rank, even though it LOOKED like good Leben, and had the CONSISTENCY of good Leben, and so I poured it down the drain.

No comments: