Wednesday, July 06, 2005

what the hell is going on?

So last night I had my second dream this week about throwing up. I woke up all panicked that maybe I HAD thrown up in my sleep and it came out in my dream. I checked my bed for sick... nothing. I checked my stomach for nausea... nothing. Truly bizarre.

Weirder than the fact that this sort of thing happened THREE DAYS AGO is the fact that actually, I haven't thrown up in eight years. I am completely phobic of vomit and avoid all situations where there might be even the SLIGHTEST chance that I might even THINK about being sick -- roller coasters, twisty roads, friends with stomach aches, hot dogs, Fear Factor, etc. The last time I was ill I was 15 and on my summer trip to Israel and I think I got dehydrated. Since then, there was one episode where I spent the morning with my head down the toilet in Thailand because my body THOUGHT I was sick out of sympathy for the sea-sick friend with me. (BTW, I have never gotten sea-sick, but I have completely panicked at the THOUGHT of getting sea-sick, and so usually I Dramamine myself just to get my heart to stop racing.) In Thailand I didn't actually throw up, but I spent the rest of the trip with an emergency bottle of 7-Up with me at all times. I know I am crazy, by the way.

Back to the dream... what the fuck?

No comments: