Thursday, October 27, 2005

a family correspondence

MOTHER: Now the question is, who is the only one among us with a very old pillow? Isn't it you, my sweet clean child?
-Mums


DAUGHTER: I THREW THAT PILLOW AWAY A YEAR AGO AS SOON AS I NOTICED DUST COMING OUT OF IT, sweet, clean mother.
(When I sent this, I was thinking of Daddy's hard-as-a-rock pillow.)


MOTHER: I threw Daddy's sandbag pillow away about two years ago! It is true that I broached the subject gingerly, every other month or so for several years, and your father always grumbled in response that he liked it, but he finally gave in and let me toss it. Now I buy new pillows about every year and a half or so. The thing is, whatever I reject, Aaron gleefully grabs and adds it to the many on his bed.


OBLIVIOUS FATHER: This made me laugh...I had a pillow from camp ramah in canada that I loved and had it for years and years. It was incredibly comfortable. Mommy hated it, I think.
-XOXO Daddy


CALLOUS AND UNCARING DAUGHTER: HAHAHAHAHA Daddy's take on the old, hard pillow.

MOTHER'S RESPONSE: His email is really funny!!

No comments: