Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"lest the sour flavor blast start again"

Two McSweeney's New Foods that I had to steal:


Dry Brown Curds Snack

Submitted by Suebob Davis

I found this at our local Middle Eastern market.

It looks a bit like black fruit leather and claims to be made of yogurt. So far, so good.

I ate a piece only about one-eighth of an inch square.

Once the initial shock and pain of my salivary glands shriveling up passed, I stood in my kitchen, almost paralyzed.

The stuff was so sticky, and I could feel a piece stuck to my molar, but I was actually afraid to touch it with my tongue or move it, lest the sour flavor blast start again.

This may have a use, but I am not sure what it would be. If Middle Easterners can actually eat this with joy and happiness, they are much better and stronger than I.

- - - -

Olobombo Freeze-Dried Peach Pits

Submitted by Erika James

Olobombo hard and grizzled peach pits (freeze-dried to preserve freshness) are the perfect alternative for any vegetarian who misses the splintering sensation of bones as they fragment in the mouth.

No comments: