Thursday, December 15, 2005

Broke-heart Mountain

I just got back from Brokeback Mountain and boy was that good. I cried and cried and cried and the last thing I want to do is finish my paper. What I really want to do is go up to Wyoming on a horse and tell Jake Gyllanhal that I love him, because Heath Ledger couldn't do it himself.

Movies have this insane power over me. Whenever I watch an emotional movie, I transfer those feelings to my own life, even though MOVIES ARE FAKE. But they are totally cathartic in that they let you feel, really feel, if you can't in real life. I'm always inclined to tell people dangerous things when I get out of a real tear-jerker. After I saw The Family Man, I nearly called up Nick to propose marriage.

I must distance myself from the cell so I don't tell the Boy things that might scare him away.

No comments: