Thursday, December 22, 2005

parents gossip. a lot.

I finally told my mom tonight. I was like, "Oh, by the way, I have a boyfriend. I thought I should tell you."

When she asked who it was, I told her, and she goes, "OH! I THOUGHT so!!," and then goes on to tell me how when she called from DC a few days ago, we were talking to each other in the background, and she thought it was suspicious that he was over at 10:30 in the morning, being that I am a lazy sloth and don't rise from bed before noon, and how she told my dad, and he said it was no indication of anything, but she argued that it definitely was out of the ordinary.

MY PARENTS DISCUSSED THIS EVEN THOUGH IT HAPPENED OVER THE PHONE WHILE MY MOM WAS IN WASHINGTON DC?!?!?. Which meant either a) She immediately phoned my dad to share her suspicions, or b) My possible love life merited a conversation three days later when my parents were reunited in person.

God, they have no lives.


(Mind you, when we had that initial DC phone conversation, she mentioned nothing after "Oh, who are you talking to?," just kept yabbering on about the monuments and museums. The Boy was sure that she had wised up and figured it out, but I kept insisting that she miscalculated the time difference and therefor wasn't phased that I had a boy over so (relatively) early in the morning. Look which one of us knows my mom better.)

No comments: