Monday, January 16, 2006

an email correspondence that should have been conducted through AIM

Me: I keep forgetting to tell you. You left your jacket here. It's waiting patiently for you on my chair. It's made friends with my gray hoodie and black skirt. They are all playing beautifully.

Jerm: it's nice to hear. he was having trouble making friends. i keep on bringing him places, but he's just so damn shy that I had to take drastic measures. I confess...I left him there on purpose to make friends. It was the only way. I have to admit, I cried when I left. These tears that are running down my cheek now, though, are tears of utter joy.

Me: Does he like chips and salsa? Because we have a lot left over from the party, and I thought, maybe, you know, he wanted a snack. Or something.

J: in fact he loves chips and salsa. I actually adopted him in mexico. he loves spicy stuff. just so you know (i dont know how much experience you have with feeding jackets) he eats through the inside left pocket. oh, and he likes it when you wear him. makes him feel useful.

Me: will do. thanks for letting me know. I will make sure he is fed and cared for. And walked.

Letter I left in the pocket of his coat:
"Dear Jerm,
Please thank * on my behalf for all of her care and hospitality while I was stationed on her chair. She fed and walked me daily, and gave me an excellent massage. I will miss her and her skirt dearly.
Love, Your Coat."

No comments: