Tuesday, May 02, 2006

annoying roommate

It is so getting on my nerves the way that Miriam is CONSTANTLY on the phone with Atlanta boyfriend Seth. She is ALWAYS on the phone. She is on the phone all over the house -- while sitting on the couch, while eating dinner at the dining room table, while cooking in the kitchen. Her conversations are loud and long enough that when I want to do work or read or talk on the phone, I must go into my room and shut the door. (When I talk on the phone and someone else is home, I always go into my room.) It's not like when two roommates are constantly talking because at least then I could interject or become part of the conversation. It's just really antisocial when I walk in the door and she is on the phone and she continues to be on the phone walking all over the house for the next two hours. The rooms she occupies become off limits -- who wants to sit next to half a converstation?

No comments: