Sunday, May 28, 2006

lazy Saturday

Friday night I was extremely tired, nearly falling over myself trying to stay awake until dinner, which was at seven pm. I had two cups of strong black tea before eating, and they woke me up enough to follow dinner conversation. I was hoping that they would also help me last through the after-dinner activities as well.

When I got to the boyfriend's house, he was dead asleep on his bed, and joy! I wouldn't have to feign enthusiasm at a bar. I woke him up but then we both went to back to sleep at ten-ish.

Saturday morning we woke up at SIX THIRTY. Fully awake awake, the kind that you can't just roll over and go back to sleep. (I already did that at six.) It was a little eery. I'm somewhat used to waking up early, since my weekday routine has carried over into my weekends. But I've never before gotten up at this time and still felt like I had a good rest.

We both got up and got dressed and got in the car to go for a drive. The streets were completely empty. The sun was already shining all over. We ended up at Franklin Canyon and walked around for a bit, looking at the water and the ducks and the turtles and the trees. After a while the joggers started to come around. It was so quiet and relaxing, like a cottage by the lake.

After the lake, we returned to the city, which was still quiet save the early bird yard sale people. The apartment was silent. I read my teacher books, he read the newspaper. We went out for breakfast. We talked about our brothers. When we finally parted ways to do our things, it was only eleven o'clock.

Lazy, lazy Saturday. I love it.

No comments: