Sunday, November 19, 2006

ill

Yesterday my body put on a stunning diplay of e. coli / hepatitus / food poisoning / flu. I woke up at seven in the morning with a stomach ache, but it went away and I fell back asleep and had a lovely dream about two special someones. When I woke up in the morning, I felt ok and had a bowl of cereal. The okness lasted until noon, when I suddenly became STARVING, but upon eating an apple felt shitty. I was uncomfortable through my much awaited for haircut, so uncomfortable that I had to pull my legs up to my chest and deep breath. After the haircut, I started to feel achy and tried to soothe the pain with a trip to H&M. The store was a letdown, the achiness did not go away, and I felt like I was going to faint. I returned home to sit on the coach and chew Pepto Bismol and moan and groan. My father convinced me to eat two pieces of toast so that I would feel strong enough to see Borat, which also was a letdown.

My stomach cramped throughout the movie, and walking out of the theatre I had to sit down. I couldn't be bothered to get ready for bed, just climbed in and squeezed myself into the fetal position. I was wracked with pain and decided I had contracted Hepatitus from BJ or e. coli from bagged lettuce at Shabbat Club and started planning my hospital stay, like predicting who would come visit and who wouldn't. After thirty minutes of this, I called my dad to ask him to come get me, but he wisely commanded me to take four ibuprofen instead. I felt like a drug addict but fell asleep immediately.

This morning has not been much better. Along with four more ibuprofen, I have had an ounce of milk, several spoonfuls of oatmeal, and two Tums. The cramps are not clawing, but there is still general pain and discomfort. For three hours, I have laid in bed and on the couch, willing the stomach to stop. If it continues, I will be visiting the emergency room tonight.

Stay tuned!

No comments: