Wednesday, December 27, 2006

ooh! new music!

With my new car stereo set permanently to 93.5, the best station ever since KZLA left us, I have found an uplifting song to obsess over! It's by Nas, the son of God, a totally socially conscious awesome who changed my life senior year of college, first with "Made You Look" and then with "I Can" and then with the beautiful acoustic "Thugz Mansion." Then I found the inspiring "One Mic" and the incredible "Rewind" and was truly in love. Dude has got TALENT.

Anyways, his newest song is called "Can't Forget About You" and has a hook that reminds me of the 1940s, a time of swishy satin dresses and fancy updos, champaign and cigars, stand-up microphones on a spot-lit stange. An era in which I was not even an egg. I love it. Take a listen! I have about fourteen times today!

No comments: