Sunday, January 28, 2007

end of January

Some things I would write about if I weren't so busy honing my knitting skills and stuffing my face with calories:

  1. The nifty new All-in-One printer/copier/scanner my dad bought me last weekend.
  2. Which is sitting on my recently cleaned desk.
  3. Not necessarily cleaned so much as wiped off into the trash can. Inspired by Dooce.
  4. Today I made candied pummelo peel for my students. Let's be honest: A complete waste of time.
  5. My students definitely don't know how much time I put into their education. A good twenty-five hours each week outside of actual class time. And that doesn't include the time I spend watching TV but stressing over the preparation I should be doing.
  6. Speaking of, I would love to write a list of things my school lacks. This list would include a xerox machine, lined paper, and a P.E. teacher. And teachers' assistants. And a literacy coach.
  7. Why can't I gain weight? All I do is eat. And then all I hear about is how I've gotten so thin. When your friends are talking amongst themselves about your changing body, you know it's serious. It does not make me feel good about myself.
  8. Yoga Booty Ballet is amazing. I keep underestimating silly dancing. It really makes me happy.
  9. Today at YBB, I ran into someone I worked with at Camp years ago. We are going to become friends. The kind of friend that if I were still living with Abbey, she would shake her head in exasperation and wonder aloud how I have so many friends she has never heard about. She never fully accepted the fact that I know EVERYBODY.
  10. I got Abbey's wedding invitation in the mail. Which means, I guess, that the wedding really is going to happen, and that I better get on top of finding long-sleeved, knee-length formal wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe somewhere in the seaweed there were some roundworms hanging out. because i can't gain weight either and all i hear about six times a day is, "you should stop trying to lose weight, you're skinny enough" and "are you doing speed?"

we need to get together and eat.

sierra