Tuesday, February 13, 2007

junkie

Just a short list of the medications I have taken in the past five days:
  1. Flonaise
  2. Ibuprofen
  3. Tums
  4. Tylenol, Extra Strength
  5. Sudafed
  6. Chloroseptic Throat Spray
  7. Robitussin
  8. Penicillin
  9. Ocean Nasal Spray
  10. Ricola
  11. Acidopholus
  12. Ammoxicillin
  13. Naproxen
  14. Monostat

Yes, I'm sick again, because you know, it's been a month. I'm due. My immune system has gone completely AWOL this year, and every four weeks I get a new illness. This weekend I combated a cold-turned-strep-throat-which-actually-turned-out-to-be-a-sinus-infection. I spent Friday suffering on my couch, Friday evening at the E.R., and Friday night being coddled by my parents. The verdict was strep, because of my 101.8 fever, but on Monday my throat culture came back negative. So just a really bad cold?

I woke up last night at three am in excruciating pain. The whole left side of my face was throbbing, from my jaw to my eye. My teeth were hurting so bad that in my half-sleep haze, I actually went into the bathroom and flossed. At three in the morning. Because I thought maybe a stray corn chip had lodged itself into my gums. Luckily, I have co-workers who aren't as moronic, and they quickly diagnosed the sinus infection.

Unfortunately for me, when I take a lot of meds I get a lot of side effects. My whole digestive everything gets fucked up when I'm on antibiotics, making it just as uncomfortable as before I started taking them. I'm allergic to codeine, so I can't sleep this pain off. I haven't eaten much since Friday, mostly because I couldn't breathe all weekend, and now that I'm STARVING, I can't chew. So if you are one of my friends, just know that I'll be complaining for another two weeks.

No comments: