Wednesday, February 21, 2007

permanent roommate pms

My mother - effing roommate just got really mad at me for asking her once, several weeks ago, if she was still watching the television program that was on while she went to the bathroom. An innocent question, because I wanted to know if I could change the chanel or if she was really committed to the show. She is still offended that I would ask such a question, because behind my query was the unacceptable intent to possibly change the channel.

This evening I walked into the living room where she was working on her laptop and Law & Order was on. Was she working? Was she TVing? Was she both? I didn't know. So I politely asked if she was watching. She gave me a really rude, "yes," looked at me as if I had just asked if she was retarded, and rolled her eyes. I stated my case, that I was just asking because I wanted to watch American Idol, but if she was watching her show, then I would do something else. That's when she got all offended.

Please note that I ASKED her if she was watching. Which is the polite thing to do, right? I didn't actually touch the remote control.

This bitch has a serious stick shoved up her ass.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roommates are the worst. I once had one that was so possessive that she would write her name on her individual bananas because she was terrified someone else in our apartment would eat one of hers. You don't realize how nuts people are until you live with them.m