Thursday, March 08, 2007

billiards table

Married to the Sea has been on my link bar for several months, but it hasn't been until today that I laughed so hard I had to post a comic up here, too.



Many years ago, my little brother Aaron got a pool table free from some family friends. The pool table was free, but the moving of the table out of the friends' house and into our parents' garage cost him three hundred bucks. That's a lot for a seventh grader. For a good year and a half, us kids and neighbor kids played pool frequently. Aaron even read a guide book and got quite good at it. His thirteenth birthday party was a blast thanks to the pool table and our downstairs neighbor's ping-pong table.

But then, very swiftly, the pool table became a shelf.

And then a dust shelter for my boxes of pre-college CDs and pen-pal letters.

And most recently, a really expensive room divider.

No comments: