Sunday, May 06, 2007

May music

I have my first major "find" on the inherited ipod. It didn't come from me shuffling, I hate to have to confess to that, but rather from my father wheeling through and pointing out what songs he knew. He is a huge blue-grass fan, and he forced me to listen to Nickel Creek's Smoothie Song on the Austin City Limits Music Festival 2003 album. It's an amazing fiddle song. I pretended to be bored, but when he went home, I lay on my drool-soaked strep pillow and listened on repeat for half an hour. Finally I moved on the the rest of the album, which is pretty awesome, too. My second favorite song is Different Light by Steve Winwood. And then Melancholy Love by Abra Moore. She is kinda Norah Jones-ish.

Also, BJ burned me Amy Winehouse's latest. Gosh, I just love her big ol' head. I mean voice.

More also, Benja found this gem online: Little Potato. We used to listen and sing about that little potato that lives underground fucking ALL THE TIME. It was his favorite song when he was like five years old. It's a sweet, darling song that actually still sounds good fifteen years later.

No comments: