Wednesday, June 27, 2007

day two pt one

Day two was all about cramming the whole city into one day.

We had breakfast at the hotel of mint tea, toast with chocolate spread and real butter, and a taste of Dutch cheese. Actually, that's what I ate; Mommy had four eggs. The cheese was meh. I mention the butter because I didn't eat real butter as a regular thing until I was in college. We always had Hollywood margarine, which is so much better.

We walked to the Van Gogh museum which housed a large collection of Van Gogh and his contemporaries' pieces. It was nice, but very smalls. The equivalent of three rooms. Did you know they think he had epilepsy, which was the cause for his psychotic breaks. In the gift shop, I found the coolest children's art book, which I will have to buy from Amazon when I get back. Because I have nothing better to spend my money on than books for my class. (Of which I already have about three hundred.)

We ate lunch of brie - tomato sandwhich (which turned into brie - Twix sandwhich once I finished the meager two slices of tomato) next to a nice, grassy plein, and then visited the Rijk Museum, or something like that. It had a lot of art, and I was not impressed by most of it. What I did like was the wallpaper, which was metallic-taupe and gray, and featured giant floral motif. "That's so Dutch," I would tell myself, although I have no idea.

No comments: