Monday, June 18, 2007

slob

So we have this mouse, right? And we haven't caught him yet, but we've set up traps all over the apartment, which are disgusting in and of themselves. And we've put all the junk food in the fridge, and all the cereal in the oven, and the trash gets taken out every single night now.

But my roommate is still a slob.

I came home from Blockbuster and found a colander of cooked spaghetti and a pan of tomato sauce sitting on the counter, and a sink full of dirty plates. Dirty as in, still had food on them. The roommate and her boyfriend were in her bedroom, but the lights were on and I assumed that they would come and clean up before going to sleep.

Silly me!

Nothing in the kitchen was touched for the next hour as I got ready for bed. Roommate's light was off and there was loud snoring coming from within. Upon my mother's advice, I woke her up and told her to clean up her food. (My dad suggested I move all the dirtied dishes into her room.) About fifteen minutes later, she and he emerged from her room and rinsed off their plates. And dumped the pasta in the trash. Which I GENEROUSLY took outside after they went back to sleep.


I am so ready to move.

ps: I can totally hear it rooting around in the kitchen.

No comments: