Saturday, September 08, 2007

first week of September

Some randoms:

I forgot how awesome Talib Kwelli is until I heard his new song Hot Thing / In the Mood. One of his lines is, "Dudes don't get it, cool it like Colonel Mustard in the study with a candlestick." Anyone who sneaks a Clue reference into a love song gets my vote. The video is pretty tight, too.

I absolutely love being a teacher. It is so much easier / funner / more satisfying the second time around. I have a couple of wigglers but nothing compared to the anger issues from last year. We have not done any academic learning yet, just rehearsed routines and procedures. On Thursday, I spent ninety minutes explaining and modeling what we do for the first ten minutes of class. Then everyone put their chairs up, put their backpacks on, and walked outside to practice entering the classroom in the morning. Spend time to save time!

Netflix is awesome. I am not getting cable in this new apartment (much to the surprise of everyone, for some reason), which pretty much means no TV, since I don't stay up late enough to watch prime-time, but I still need something for late afternoons and evenings, so Netflix it is. Right now I'm watching season three of Nip / Tuck. No commercials. Glorious.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is really hot and I just want to lick him.

Last weekend a few of us teachers came in to school to set up our classrooms, and the programs coordinator gave us his password to use the xerox machine. I have never felt like more of a dork than when I realized how excited I was to go to work on Sunday so I could MAKE COPIES.

This morning I "slept in" until seven thirty and it was heavenly.

No comments: