Monday, November 05, 2007

teachers who rock

New friend! Meet Mrs. Mimi, second grade teacher blogger extraordinaire! Some choice quotes:

It assumes that I intend to walk off with pockets full of Base 10 blocks. Really? As if I’m preparing for an impending place value emergency? Well, maybe my sister will totally flip at the grocery store over the cost of meat for our summer BBQ and I’ll need to whip out some flats and longs so that we can divide the burden into equal shares….
please, don't even start with me with the whole "must be nice to have summers off" crap because it's NOT the whole summer, it's about 7 weeks, and it's long overdue since I hold my urine for eight hours a day, five days a week, 180 days a year
One day my class was in computer lab (you know, that place with the “teacher” who IMs all day and when you come in with your class at the scheduled time he looks at you like and for a moment you are convinced that he no idea what he is supposed to do next).
we are now testing the shit out of second graders.
It was like it ripped time and space in half. Afterwards, a silence filled the room. Children’s eyes darted madly around the room, hands covered mouths in desperate attempts to not laugh. After all, we have had the “Everybody Farts” talk multiple times.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I just had the worst day filled with ricockulously dumb PD and this post made me smile. I'm glad to find your blog too...