Tuesday, November 13, 2007

x er size

I'm so in love with my neighborhood right now.

I decided earlier today that I was going to take a long walk when I got home from work. My feet and calves and thighs and ass are still super sore from the thirteen mile hike I did on Sunday. After being horizontal all day yesterday, I admitted to myself that maybe I need to do more exercise. A day of hiking shouldn't be followed by a week of sitting on the couch, immobile.

So I walked at a brisk pace through all of downtown Culver, and! Remembered that it's Boozeday Tuesday! Farmer's Market! I got myself a few samples of Asian Pear, and then kept walking through on towards a) City Hall b) City Hall Gardens c) Culver City Studios d) Meltdown etc, a grilled cheese restaurant e) Ford's Filling Station, location of my birthday date dinner f) Trader Joes, where I purchased Middle Eastern Flatbread and Tomato and Red Pepper Hummus g) Carbon bar/club.

I returned to the Farmer's Market and had a crepe for dinner. (It looked better than it tasted.) By the time I got home, I was so jazzed about my walk and about my zipcode that I didn't want to waste my energy on wine. I poured myself a tall glass of H2O and took a shower. Plus, drinking alone is a little bit creepy, right? No? Next week?

No comments: