Wednesday, December 19, 2007

naturally I've had three illnesses in four days

Sometimes I just can't wait to come home and take off my pants.

You know when you're having tons of fun and enjoying yourself but deep in the back of your mind you keep remembering the awful chores you have to do, like dude, it's really fun making out with you but tomorrow I'm scheduled for a root canal. I've had to designate Saturday as my Get Shit Done Day.

I know it's vacation, and I'm supposed to be vacating and all, but as you read previously it's not going to be three weeks of sitting on my couch. I have rows to hoe, and whatnot. So far it's been pretty much five days of sitting on my couch (and other people's couches) but that's not entirely my fault. First there was Coming Down With a Cold, so we had to sit that one out. Next there was Getting Over a Yeast Infection. No comments. Then there was visiting Haley and Charlie and Luke (and Dan), in which we collectively sat on the couch while watching Project Runway and eating Christmas cookie icing. Finally, there was the flu thing, which I'm only now getting over. Thank goodness there was not any nausea however there were a whole lot of stomach cramps which are never pleasant. The worst part is that I can't take Pepto or Tylenol this whole week because I am having some minor surgery on Friday. So I suffered silently with my trusty heating pad at my side.

Perhaps tomorrow I will be ready to eat some vacation food? I hope so. I am tired of this whole plain toast and white rice thing. Don't even get me started on the Saltines. Who would eat those when they weren't sick is all I'm saying. I am going ice skating with Sierra in Pershing Square and nothing goes with ice skating more than hot chocolate. We're going to hang out at her place afterwards, and as you know, I like to eat seaweed when I'm with Sierra. So I hope my digestive track is up to it.

In sum: Get off the couch! Eat some good food! Read Knowledge for Thirst, it is rediculously hilarious!

No comments: