Tuesday, January 15, 2008

just another MLK birthday

It's eight forty-five on Tuesday night, and I'm cozy in my sweatpants and slippers, eating rice-a-roni and watching a PBS special on Quantum Mechanics. Have you ever heard of Bose-Einstein Condensates? Me neither. I can't say that I appreciate that such states of matter exist, but it's cool when people devote their lives to the pursuit of science. One guy actually just said, "Why build a quantum computer? Because we can!" It reminds me of when I was reading a National Geographic article on alternative fuels and decided that after teaching, I'm going to devote myself to the study of algae production. Did you know they are trying to figure out how to get fuel from algae? We humans are amazing.

A nasty flu is spreading around my class and the kids are dropping like flies. On Friday, we finished the day with only eleven kids. Normally a small group is preferable, but only when you've planned on it. I can feel it in my throat that I'm going to get sick.

Lastly: I can type eighty words a minute.

No comments: