Tuesday, January 01, 2008

perspective

I guess it's exciting that we have a black man and a white woman running for president, but I haven't really given it much thought. It's quite a big deal. The type of thing that could be featured, years from now, in soft-focus lenses with swelling music in the background. Some kind of PBS documentary about civil rights or women's suffrage or dreaming big. Bringing me to tears. I'd like to start caring. Maybe this is my new year's resolution? Follow politics? That's not quite reasonable. Think smaller: Follow the election.

Maybe here I should state that I desperately want a Democratic president. The past eight years have pretty much sucked, government-wise, and have you seen the Republican candidates? Scary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree - I am voting democratic for sure - whatever color or gender :)