Monday, January 28, 2008

sia

Some People Have Real Problems

I bought this album three weeks ago when it came out, and at first it sounded like a lot of whining, but now I literally cannot stop listening to it. It's gone through maybe sixteen, maybe twenty rotations in my car CD player. And I'm like, "YEAH!" when every single song starts. I keep thinking that I'm going to get sick of it and maybe I should change my music before that happens, but when I get to the end of the album I think to myself, ok, just one more time through, and then I'll change it. "Buttons," the hidden track, is addictive like coke. I think one afternoon I played it five times over before realizing there was another person in the car and maybe he wasn't crazy like me.

Sia is the sometimes lead singer of my all-time favorite band, Zero 7. She has a previous solo album that became all popular because of her single, "Breathe Me," which was in the Six Feet Under series finale. I've just discovered this second that she has two other albums, and maybe I should check them out. I cannot understand a single lyric she sings, and I'm totally ok with that.

No comments: