Tuesday, February 05, 2008

super tuesday

Holy shit, the primaries are exciting. WATCHING NEWS WHILE IT HAPPENS. Still not understanding the need for such a complicated delegate system. Also: Huckabee?! Seriously??!!? And wow, does his wife have broad shoulders! It makes her head look really tiny.

Today in computer lab, I pulled up CNN's delegate count map and we calculated who was winning the race. I asked for extra "I Voted!" stickers at my polling place and they gave me an entire sheet. While driving home, I decided I would love to teach current events to kids -- like where they can get news, how they can research information, which websites are reliable, etc. It's too bad there is no standard for Being in the Know.

Did you know it's also Mardi Gras today? I totally don't care, except for some reason my school is celebrating it. Even though its a Catholic holiday.

Because it's Boozeday Tuesday, I walked on down to Main Street and sampled kettle corn (big weakness). And bought hummus and flatbread. I think I would like to marry a subsistence farmer and live off the land. Like Little House on the Prairie. I'm seriously jealous of Caroline Ingalls.

No comments: