Sunday, March 16, 2008

fuck yeah vacay

I've barely been home in the past four days. First, there was singing with my choir. Then, there was singing with my choir. Finally, there was singing with my choir. (With a little bit of sleeping at the boy's house thrown in the mix.)

We are recording an album and man, is it taking a lot of my time. We've had endless practices. A while back I actually had to go to rehearsal FIVE times in one week. The actual recording has taken eighteen hours SO FAR. We've only recorded half the songs. We will finish the rest next month. The recording was really fun because I love singing and it was nice to hang out with some of the members. I'm better friends with a bunch of them and actually feel comfortable, like I have a place there.

PLUS, I graded all of my students six-week assessments during the recording, a task that usually takes me the better half of a weekend. Being surrounded by women eager to read my students' writing propelled me forward.

AND MOST EXCITING, TOMORROW MORNING I AM GOING TO HAWAII!!!

No comments: