Sunday, March 02, 2008

new amerykah

Conundrum:

I've been on a money diet for the past two weeks. I figured that my tickets to Hawaii plus having fun IN Hawaii means I have to stop buying useless shit and save up. Since all I do is go to work and go to choir and have sex (that resolution isn't going so well, obviously), it has been easy to save money.

BUT.

The new Erykah Badu album came out this week, and I HEART ERYKAH and have been playing her other three albums on a loop in anticipation. I've rationalized thus far that she's one of my faves and therefor it's not even a consideration, I HAVE to buy the album. But I'm not sure WHERE to buy it. I don't do iTunes for a variety of reasons. I can't walk into Target without purchasing at least a hundred dollars worth of shampoo and socks. I'm embarrassed to admit how much I get from Amazon and how as soon as I open that site my self discipline evaporates.

Tips?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Send me the tracks and I'll download and burn.

-your brother in la

Anonymous said...

walk into target with only $15 in your pocket and nothing else. head straight for the cd's, pick one up, pay for it, and LEAVE! it's the only way...save yourself!!

i managed to power shop for my husband's birthday the other day and bought him 2 dress shirts (on clearance), a polo shirt, a pair of shorts, 2 movies, a cd (that i really wanted but gave to him), some undershirts and a little thing of caramel corn all for $99.00! i was not only shocked, but proud of myself for being in there for only 30 minutes and not buying anything for myself!

go forth and buy your cd...you deserve it!

cathy
santa clara, ca

superdeens said...

Benja-- I want to pay for the album and get the jewel box and everything.

Cathy-- Excellent idea. I will lock my purse in the trunk and walk in holding my keys and a bill. Cross your fingers.

Anonymous said...

okay, so how'd you do? you go yet?

cathy

Anonymous said...

TARGET KILLS ME! I have NEVER gotten out of TARGET for less than $200, no joke. Ever.

Milla Jovovich has a new clothing line there, and I would have thought it would be sort of cute, but adina, it's fucking atrocious.

When you shop at Amazon, will you go to the gangbusters homepage first? www.gangbusterstheatre.com and on the right side of the homepage there is a search box for amazon. if you start your first search there, whatever you buy will make us some money, at no cost to you. as long as you're blowing tons of money supporting the music industry, support my beloved theatre company too!

xo
sierra

Anonymous said...

It's been two days... No sign of Adina. I'm off to Target to look for her.

-benja