Saturday, May 24, 2008

new music on the cheap

Kottke.org is a wonderful website, one that I would be all over if I sat at a desk and had internet access at work. This not being the case, I read Kottke mostly on the weekends and always end up forwarding dozens of links to friends. (Like this recipe for "wiener soup.")

Today I found this fantastic elecronic mashup of Alice in Wonderland sound effects. It's basically a song made entirely from samples from the movie. It's quite lovely and will put you in a cozy trance. The artist's name is Pogo, aka Nick Berke, and he's a nineteen year old kid from Australia. I can't find a website for him, but I did find a page with his music and immediately downloaded everything I could find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My students are performing Alice in Wonderland in two weeks.....