Tuesday, November 04, 2008

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND OBAMA IS MY PRESENT

Dude, this is SO EXCITING.

I don't have work today because our school is a polling place, so I got to sleep in, yay! I went to Trader Joes this morning to pick up snacks for the poll workers and was slightly ashamed that I was not among those wearing their "I voted" stickers.

Drove over to the church to vote and was astonished at how many people were in line. The line stretched up the whole block. I've voted in the same neighborhood a few times now, and always in the early evening after work, and there has never been more than ten or twenty people waiting. This was truly incredible. Either no one works in LA (true), or everyone is taking off work to vote (also true). No matter, the line moved quickly and I was out of there in thirty minutes. My voting stub contains both of my favorite numbers, so that is a like the seven zillionth clue that this election is going to turn out awesome.

Then I drove over to my work to check out the action there. We had gotten word that there were planned protests for and against proposition 8, but all I saw was a twentysomething girl handing out fliers. The parking lot was filled with people in line, and it was equally crazy inside. I passed over some snacks to the workers and got blessed.

Now it's back home to back Obama cupcakes and finish cleaning for my party tonight.

No comments: