Tuesday, February 03, 2009

hallmark

Today I ran a mile straight. As in, no stopping. As in, my goal.

Props to me.

Now I can begin on my second goal, which is to run two miles without stopping. It doesn't sound very imaginative, but I feel over the moon. Also, I get to buy new shorts.

***

On Saturday night, I attended my friend's engagement party for all of ten minutes. I said hello, stepped into the living room, and spied the Boy's ex. I exited into the backyard and immediately burst into tears. I called my mom and she gave me permission to leave. Then I called Haley to make me laugh. She reported that Luke, aged two, was repeating my name from his crib. I drove straight to her house.

***

Yesterday, I burned a whole lot of music off of Schmo's computer. I've been listening to Phish's Billy Breathes CD. I'm loving it. I also ripped a whole lot of Tribe Called Quest, which belongs on my orange, fruity ipod.

***

Saturday morning was the official ribbon cutting for my school. One of the mom's told me that her daughter talks about me at home all the time. It's Ms. Deens this, Ms. Deens that. Every day. Mom was wondering if she had any other teachers. It made me feel good, like I deserved it.

***

This afternoon, I hung out in the dollar book store picking up anything with a silver medal on the cover. I ended up with over a hundred books for my class. Two shopping bags and a box. After helping me out to my car, the cashier asked me out to dinner. I declined graciously, admitting that I was taken.

***

I might be falling in love.

No comments: