Tuesday, March 03, 2009

biblionesia

Books I've read and absolutely loved and what I remember about them:
(like seriously, this is ALL I can recall)

The Great Gatsby
  • set during the Depression
  • the green light
  • Egg-something-town
  • there is a party
  • there is at least a man and woman as main characters, maybe more
  • the first line, "In my younger and more vulnerable years, my father gave me some advice which I've been turning over in my mind ever since."
What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day
  • the main character is black, but I can't remember if it's a girl or boy
  • a line in the book, "What looks like crazy on an ordinary day looks like love in the moonlight."
The Color of Water
  • one of the characters might be black?
  • there is a mother and a son
Are You There God, it's Me, Margaret
  • best friend Gretchen
  • they are twelve going on thirteen
  • I must increase my bust
  • her hair isn't perfect
  • crush on Moose, who mows the lawn in the final scene when Margaret finally gets her period
I'm a Stranger Here Myself
  • he writes about America after living in Britain
  • American soft drinks are better or bigger than the Brittish
Life of Pi
  • there is a boy, and a zoo, and a boat, and a tiger
  • they are shipwrecked
  • the ending is horrible (though I couldn't say why)

No comments: