Wednesday, May 06, 2009

now with more snark!

New Boy update:

First of all, let's call him "W" because he used to live in Texas. Second of all, let me tell you about how he came over a few weeks ago for fajitas and a season five LOST marathon. We started fooling around and I took off his pants and was completely horrified to find him wearing gay underwear. Like these. They featured some red and blue Scandinavian print of interlocking trapezoids or something like that but who cares because they were so hideously tight and high cut. I really wanted to laugh in his face but didn't want to ruin the moment so instead I just took them off as fast as I could. Later, when we resumed television watching, he put the "manties" back on but left his pants off. And put his socks on. There is nothing so hideous as a man wearing only underwear and socks. The socks come off with the pants, boys. If there is anything I regret in life it is not having commented on W's choice of undergarment just then. It was a test and I failed.

In any case, I kind of broke it off with W. Even though we have a ton of fun together and make each other laugh and are active and smart and spoon really well, I'm in it to win it. W wanted to "take it slow" which he interpreted as, "see each other maybe once a week, maybe not." Lest you think I'm being overexcited and needy, bear in mind that we've been friends for almost ten years -- this is no Getting to Know You Dating. If you like someone, you like someone. And if you really like someone, then you want to spend a lot of time with them. Like, every weekend. And Tuesdays and Thursdays, if you can swing it. Mondays too, if you're in that honeymoon stage. Daily phone calls. W claimed that he did, in fact, want a relationship with me but I called bullshit on that. I think he just wants friends with benefits and I have BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.

Anyways, that was on Saturday in the midst of laryngitis depression, which has since turned into bronchial infection depression, so thank God I have Michael Jackson: Live in Bucharest to keep me company.

Also, Dorm Life. Watch it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I would have been really put off by those "manties' too. I've had those relationships where you only see someone one day a week and it's so unsatisfying. I keep wondering if he has a Monday girl, a Tuesday girl...and so on.

But Michael Jackson? Maybe when he was 13. You must be much younger than me. Actually Michael is only one year older than I am. He lost me after "Thriller".

k.