Saturday, July 18, 2009

har-vee bay

Woke up late.
Walked to the ATM with the sun shining! Warm weather! Gift from god! Wearing my gray tank top, even though I've been wearing it for 4 days and 2 nights running, and promised Naomi that I would retire it today! Booked our tour for Fraser Island!

Beach day! I took a walk down the sunny boardwalk, ate some quiche, laid out on the beach, applied copious amounts of sunscreen, talked with some Belgium guys in our hostel dorm apartment room, and read my book. Really, did nothing all day. It was blessed relaxation. After all, I am on summer vacation.

Australian thing of the day: Vegemite spread. I was very excited to find this in the grocery store in a single serving pack. I've been waiting since day one to have a Vegemite sandwich, but didn't want to commit to a whole jar. I spread some in a tiiiiiiiiiiny corner of a piece of bread, took a bite, and immediately spit it in the trash. Vegemite tastes like salty toe jam.

No comments: