Saturday, July 04, 2009

july 1 : arrival

I would be remiss if I didn't let you know about my plane outfit. Although it is July 1 in Los Angeles, it is the heart of winter on my 747 airbus. Thus, I am wearing a full sweatsuit combo (which I got form New LA lost and found, SCORE!) and a down jacket. I nearly died of heat stroke getting dressed in my apt.

I see a strange man with curly homeless hair, wearing black loafers with white socks. I wonder if he weren't famous, would Michael Jackson be stopped at security as a “person of interest?” Would he get through El Al security? Can you picture him removing his shoes (and bedazzled military jacket) in the x-ray line?

Right now I am the Central Sydney YHA, tired out of my MIND and I have about 4 hours to kill until my room is ready and I can take a nap. It's the combination of Dramamine, Benadryl, jet lag, and red-eye flight. It is a real chore to keep my eyes open. I'm also reclining on a very comfortable couch, which doesn't help my cause. I attempted to purchase a chai latte from the coffee vending machine, but it ate my coins. Perhaps I'll leave this building and find some real Australian caffeine.

No comments: