Monday, October 19, 2009

this is so two thousand and nine

I just got this text message from my friend in Sacramento:
"Um, your brother just came out on Facebook."
My first thought was, people are still using Facebook?

My second thought was, which brother?

So I called up my friend and she told me which, (Irony? I was expecting it to be the other one), and then she read me the posts and the comments, because I'm the only person in the world not on Facebook, and we're chatting, speculating whether it's serious or a joke, and the whole time I'm wondering when my cell phone is going to ring with that personal call from my family member, oh dear brother... I mean, right?

Since the call didn't come, I hung up and called my brother myself, exclaiming, SERIOUSLY!?!?!? FACEBOOK?!? And he laughed a little guiltily, or amusingly -- the two are hard to distinguish -- and I reassured him of my love and happiness and all that BUT! Made sure to tell him how insulted I was that this is how I find out.

Facebook. Hilarious.

1 comment:

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Don't worry, you're not the only one who's not on Facebook. Actually, I'm on Facebook but I may as well not be for the amount of time I don't spend on it!