Tuesday, July 26, 2005

ambush dating

Ambush dating.

Anita came up with that clever phrase which describes the phenomenon of THINKING you are just hanging out with someone when, in fact, you are actually TAKEN ON A DATE.

why, oh WHY do I keep getting myself into these hairy situations? I HATE dating. I have never found myself actually WANTING to spend one-on-one time with an almost stranger. I have NEVER wanted to go eat dinner at a restaurant with someone who I also wanted to get in their pants. I must be reading people wrong, or they are reading me wrong, or I am sending out signals I don't even know.

At least it's not as bad as new roommate Alyssa, who keeps getting sex propositions from her best friend's boss. We've decided that she must be unknowingly walking around work with an arrow pointed towards her crotch and a sign that reads, "Want Vagina? Inquire above."

No comments: