Saturday, July 23, 2005

an exciting day of nothing

When I began this summer vacation, I was filled with apprehension that I wouldn't have enough to do to fill my days, and that I would sit around reading or watching Netflix and eating and then catch my roommate in a death-grip hug when she arrived home from work in the evening, ecstatic about finally having human contact. This thought plagued me with such dread that I put all my effort into finding activities and jobs that would fill my time. For the past few weeks I have been completely busy with tutoring, subbing at Camp Simcha, doing club OC, being an LA slut and going to clubs with Benja, teaching at Ramah, and going to parties and social events several nights a week. I feel like Glenda, with all my planning and scheduling and hauling ass across town.

IT HAS BECOME FUCKING TIRING.

This weekend marks the beginning of the REAL summer vacation, the one in which I get to sleep in at least 3 days a week. Today was my first designated Do Nothing day. I declined a trip to Laguna Beach with Meeps and her bff, as that would require me to wake up and put on a bathing suit. I also thought about walking to the library to read in an air-conditioned room, but thought better of it when I realized I would have to leave my apartment. I had to call one of my families to schedule tutoring for next week, and let me tell you, this minor task is the ONLY phone call I would like to make today.

This morning I stumbled out of bed at the ripe hour of eleven, made scrambled eggs for breakfast, ate them at a leisurely pace while reading Elle, planned some more Peru trip, and mailed back a Netflix DVD. My afternoon plans consist of reading more Lonely Planet, finishing the box of popsicles in the freezer, and perhaps applying fake tan.

I might even consider putting in contacts, although that might be pushing it a bit.

No comments: