Tuesday, August 09, 2005

happy

Right now I'm in one of those periods in the week where I feel truly content and happy with my life. Every few days I get this feeling, but it never lasts longer than a day. And then some shit happens that ruins it. So let me capture all that is good right now, right here.

  • I just finished reading the fifth Harry Potter book and am now ready to read the sixth. I love Harry Potter. I love that I allow myself time to read. I love that books can make me happy. I love that I can spend a whole day on the couch with a book and still feel like the day was worthwhile, because I was living out someone else's story. I love that I am well-read and that usually I have read or at least heard of the books other people are reading.
  • Younger brother Aaron just returned from Israel on his six-week USY trip and now we can play again! I love Aaron. I would love to take him on a California road trip slash college tour this year. And he got me a huge package of strawberry mentos for me. I love that I have a brother who I can really have fun with. And even the guilt over not having the same relationship with Benja has recently changed, because it's OK. My brothers are different people.
  • Have I mentioned I am going to Peru? I love traveling. I love that I have found something I can be passionate about, something to put free time and free energy and extra money into.
  • Feeling good about my body. I love my body right now. I've been going to the gym a few times a week (I say that I'm going daily but honestly, whatever) and doing cardio for thirty minutes and then stretching and sit-ups for twenty minutes. I love that I can run a mile. I love that I can "hike" a mile at a fast pace. I love that feeling I get after ten minutes when I just want to keep pushing myself. I love the fact that recently I have responded to the feeling and pushed and pushed and pushed. And I love the feeling after a work-out when the endorphine is flowing and I am so proud that I lasted.
  • I love self-tanner. Being tan just makes me feel more attractive. But since I am fair, it's always been a real challenge, and a real burden of guilt to acheive darkness. Now I can fake-tan lotion up, get tan, and then put on as much sunscreen as I want.
  • I love movies. I love that I make time to watch movies. I love that I am fairly movie-literate.
  • I have some really good friends. Nicole called me this morning and exclaimed how much she appreciated me, and that made me feel really good. Knowing that I can be a really good friend. Knowing that the time I took to make her birthday present was worth it, and I enjoyed doing it for her. I know I am not always punctual with presents, and sometimes even don't do them altogether, but when I really think and figure out the perfect thing, it makes me happy that I know.
  • I love that I love music, and that I know a lot of music, and that I keep finding new music. I love that I can put together a kick-ass mix-CD, and that I can introduce people to new music I know they will like.
  • I'm good with clothes. I just bought new velour loungy pants in grayish and brown. They are wonderful. They look good on me. They were only thirteen dollars. I've been wearing the gray ones for three days already, but I don't care. That's what they're for.

No comments: