Friday, March 17, 2006

one of those mornings

This morning was one of those mornings.

I didn't sleep well last night and kept turning over and over and over and waiting for my body to fall into unconsciousness and for his arm to come around me, but it didn't happen until nearly dawn. And when I finally woke up in the morning, I had a sore throat, the kind that feels like a marble when you swallow, and my neck was tight and achy. So I rushed around real quick, getting dressed and brushing my teeth, and I hurried out to my car and got almost to Wilshire, but that's when I remembered that I left my planner on the dining room table. And in the planner was the room number of the debt-management session I am required to attend before receiving my loan. I raced back two blocks and speed-parked in the driveway, but my key wouldn't open the bottom lock, the kind that you open or close by turning the little thing on the doorknob from inside. The key wouldn't turn. Fine, I said to myself, when I get to the Law School I'll just ask reception where the meeting is. But by the time I got to my parking neighborhood, it was already five 'till and there was no way I could make it up six blocks plus part of campus by eleven. And the lady in the finaid office said they absolutely don't let you in if you are late. So I checked my lucky last-minute parking spots right next to campus, but turns out I am not having a lucky morning.

Here I am at home, feeling sorry for myself.

No comments: