Monday, November 20, 2006

ill part three

Good news, boys and girls:

  1. I do not have pancreatic cancer.
  2. I do not have e. coli.
  3. I am not pregnant.

I am, however, suffering spectacularly from a bizarre case of stomach flu. Today has been the third day (and counting) of the virus, and thank Hashie that I am getting better. While I still couldn't stand for longer than six minutes at a time, I was able to get dressed and leave my house and attend a (mind-numbingly boring) ELD training in South Los Angeles. I was also able to eat several spoonfuls of oatmeal, a snackpack of jello, and two pieces of bread without my insides screaming and writhing in pain.

Urged by both parental units, including the vegetarian one, this evening I ventured to Ralphs and purchased six (6) types of kosher chicken soup. I am in dire need of protein! they all proclaim. I heartily agree, especially because I need to rebuild my strength if I am to take seventeen misfits to the Long Beach Aquarium on Wednesday. I am pretty excited to eat food that tastes, and so if you'll excuse me, I'm going to heat up my Tabatchnick Chicken Broth with Noodles & Dumplings (Wholesome Quality Since 1905) and watch Scrubs on the couch.

No comments: