Sunday, November 05, 2006

regina spektor

You know when you get into a new song and it just hits you some place that you become obsessed, that it becomes the greatest melody you've ever heard, that the instruments in the background are simply perfect, and the lyrics MEAN something.... and you need to listen to the song over and over and over and over again, ten times in a row? I'm completely strung out on Regina Spektor's Fidelity. I heard this song weeks and weeks ago on some BET top ten list. I remember being stunned by her, that she was going to be my next big thing, and I ran into my room and wrote her down. But then I never did anything about it, and tonight Benja gave me her CD, and I'm able to listen over and over and over again. I can't tell if it's a love song or a just-fell-out-of-love song or a can't-commit-to-love song, which almost makes it better. I'm on my eleventh listen and I can't stop.

No comments: