Monday, December 11, 2006

a mid - december list

Interesting things keep flying my way. There have been a million moments between last week and now that I thought of writing about, but I just didn't have the inclination to sit in front of the computer. So now, instead of writing my thesis proposal, I will compile my second list of random thoughts this month.
  • This is a super cool YouTube video that BJ sent me. It's stop-motion technology, what they use to make animation, only with live people.
  • Today in class, in the middle of my reading George's Marvelous Medicine to the kids, one student blurted out, "My grandma got fake teeth!" I ignored her but later couldn't stop laughing at how awesome that was. I'm still laughing.
  • This fabulous picture I confiscated from a student. "Darling," I said, "That is not appropriate for school." The artist immediately handed it over. She is the same girl who declared that she "wants to be Beyonce" when she grows up. It is now hanging proudly on my refrigerator. I'm still trying to figure out if the nipples are pierced or not.

  • Sex and the City season one is now on On Demand, and it is absolutely fantastic. Mr. Big is such a complete asswipe. The only time I ever glimpsed what Carrie saw in him was in the series finale.
  • The Dixie Chicks rock. I saw Shut Up and Sing the other night, and it is fantastic. Makes you realize there are a lot of people in this country with a lot of misplaced anger. Including major network NBC, who refused to air commercials for the documentary because it was disparaging to President Bush. Seriously?!?! Also makes you realize that your life is incomplete because you don't have the awesome hair and make up that the Chicks have for their tours. Then I went home and spent time really researching all the hoopla over The Quote, and realized that I want Natalie Maines to be my best friend. Introducing their song, "White Trash Wedding" last week, she quipped, "We'd like to dedicate this song to K-Fed. I don't think anyone is dedicating songs to him right now."

No comments: