Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I'm in bed at eight pm

I've been re-listening to Lauryn Hill's Miseducation for a week now, and I've realized it's one of the best albums, ever. From start to finish, it's fucking awesome. Like, every song is awesome. Especially That Thing, in which I can rap the first stanza along with Lauryn. (Poorly.)

So I thought I would write a little list of other albums that rock out on every single track. These are the CDs that stay in my CD carrying case permanently, because they never start sucking. In no particular order:

  • The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
  • Revolver by The Beatles
  • Kanye's College Dropout
  • Shrift - Lost in a Moment
  • Zero Seven - When It Falls (hard to choose just one album, but this is the one I tend to put on repeat)
  • The Best of the Ella Fitzgerald Gershowin Songbook
  • Celtic Voice, one of those "mood" CDs that you find at Target with a pretty cover, but this one is so freaking soothing and pretty and makes me wish I lived in a castle shrouded with fog. With no electricity. And a horse and canoe as my only means of transportation.
  • Justin Timberlake Justified
  • Wicked
  • Dave Matthews Band Busted Stuff (I've actually worn my way through two of these albums and have to get another copy. No one I know has or has heard of this album, even though it got to number one on Billboard.)
  • My own personal Erykah Badu mix CD

That's it for now until I find something fab on my new ipod.

No comments: