Thursday, June 14, 2007

the mouse hunt continues

OMG, Subway is the best food place ever. I don't think I could ever be like Jared, because I really like fries and pasta, and I try to switch it up a bit with Jamba Juice and Baja Fresh, but when you're hungry, nothing hits the spot like a veggie delight on wheat.

Just now as I was trying to go to my neighborhood Subway, I had to do the requisite three point turn on several different blocks. The Beverly Hills Subway has the worst parking ever: none. Which doesn't make sense for the type of people who eat there, who want food NOW. I always have to circle a few times before giving up and parking blocks away. So I was cutting through an alley when I see these kids sitting in the middle of the street in front of me, not moving. I'm like, dude, get out of the fucking way, and then I notice that one of the kids (young adults, totally my age) has his foot propped up on his other leg, and that foot is dripping with blood. He's totally not going to be moving out of the way. So I do a three point turn, and just as I'm on point one, a fire truck comes rolling down the alley, almost blocking my path. I have to get out of there, and fast. I finish the turn, but just as I'm about to reach the sidewalk, an ambulance pulls in. I'm now stuck in an alley in between a fire truck and an ambulance. I could not for the life of me figure out what to do, and instead of thinking about the guy with the bloody foot, all I could do was cuss out the paramedics for postponing my Subway. Like an idiot, I gesticulated wildly that I had nowhere to go but forwards, into the ambulance, so the paramedic guy had to hop out of his vehicle and direct me to a backwards three point turn so they could pass.

Now I'm at the dining room table about to finish report cards. I'm sitting in the "unpopular" chair that no one ever sits in, but it affords me the best view of the kitchen, so if the little mouse fucker wants to crawl out from under the fridge, I'll scream and let everyone know where he's at. By everyone, I mean my two wimpy roommates who will probably not move a muscle. I think they think I'm overreacting. I wouldn't sleep at home for four days until my bed was propped up three feet off the ground. Like a throne. A throne a mouse can't reach.

On a totally unrelated note, I have the most awesome hair. It's practically perfect. I just looked at it in the mirror and got a little jealous of myself. I could compare it to Jennifer Aniston's except for I know she gets hers done by professionals and I don't ever do mine, I don't even put product in it, maybe sometimes No More Tangles which totally doesn't count as product since it's made for four year olds, so that must mean that actually my hair is BETTER than Jennifer Aniston's.

No comments: