Tuesday, July 24, 2007

my civic duty, fulfilled

So, jury duty is over, now I can tell you all about it.

First of all, it was a criminal case, which means the defendant did not have to do squat and it was all up to the prosecution to present good evidence. Second of all, the prosecution attorney was damn cute (and Jewish to boot) and I can't honestly say that I didn't want him to win because of it. Third of all, I am a very good juror and don't think that I let his looks get in the way of my just thinking. Last of all, I was an alternate and didn't take part in the deliberation anyways. Which took a lot of pressure off.

This was the case: two men got in a minor car accident and one of them failed to provide his driver's license, proof of insurance, address, what have you. He was found guilty.

This is what I wore:
  1. Day One: Long black pin-striped pants, very high black platform heels, gray camisole.
  2. Day Two: Long black pants (fierce!), very high wedge red-and-white polka dot heels, white camisole.
  3. Day Three: Jeans, white sandals, white camisole (I got tired of dressing up).

This is who I wanted to be my best friend: Juror number four, who was a middle school principal and who was reading Harry Potter in the hallway before deliberation. I wanted my second best friend to be the young lawyer, but I don't think he is allowed to fraternize with the jurors.

No comments: