Monday, October 22, 2007

they're green, it's true

So it's Red Ribbon Week, which means we dress up all funny and make posters about not doing drugs. Look at me, I'm drug free! Drug free is the way to be! We're too good for drugs! Don't smoke, you will die!

Anyways, after a short conversation about slogans we could put on our posters, I branched out into the arena of What Exactly is a Drug. We brainstormed cigarette smoking, taking drug pills, alcohol . . . One girl chirps up, "My mom has this green stuff that she keeps in a little bowl," and she is making the shape of a pipe with her hands. I'm a little curious how much she is going to tell me, so I don't say anything, just wait for her to come up with the words.

The boy next to her asks, "Lima beans?," bless his heart, while another shouts out, "Weed!" from across the room.

No comments: