Monday, January 28, 2008

teitur

My stolen-slash-borrowed ipod has been stuck on Teitur. It's kind of bad because when I wake up in the morning and turn it on, instead of standing up, I lie there listening to the lyrics. And the guitar. I don't love the lyrics, but the guitar is genius. Lots of plucking. Lots of lovely chord changes.

I wrote my brother to tell him to download the album, Poetry and Aeroplanes, but I couldn't quite describe its sound. The first song on the album sounds like Sting, but the second one is like Plain White T's "Delilah," and then the next few are like a paired-down Dave Matthews, and there's a Jack Johnson-ish one, and also a Radioheady one, and one or two like Aviv Geffen. I might place Teitur between Iron & Wine, Pearl Jam, and Sufjan. And slightly west of AWESOME.

Buy it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of the band Vampire Weekend? They are playing at Amoeba Music on Feb 4.

Anonymous said...

too punky for me.