Tuesday, March 04, 2008

we're not even going to mention how often I walk into tables

Sometime after lunch today, I was gesticulating wildly with a marker in my hand and managed to jam it into the skin between my eye and my eyebrow. The marker, that is, the cap of the marker cut me.

It's kind of in a sensitive area, not just that the skin is thin there, but if it gets infected because I didn't apply Neosporin until I got home then the pus will drip down into my eye. Gross. I'm not saying it IS infected, just that it COULD get infected, and if it DOES, then the infection will be right smack the center of attention.

Right now, there is a small, crescent moon-shaped laceration, no blood. But maybe you don't care what it looks like and are just wondering, how in hell did this idiot accidentally cut herself with a marker?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was it a skinny marker or a fat marker? Because I can totally see how this could happen with the skinny markers. But if it was a fat one, I'm laughing. (Unless it gets infected, and then I won't laugh.)

abbs

superdeens said...

Omigod, it was a fat marker, and worst still, the next day, I pinched the skin of one of my fingers between the cap and body of another marker. Maybe I should ride the short bus.