Tuesday, May 26, 2009

the land down under

INTERNET, I AM GOING TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!









Bee Tee Double U, when I said, "Southeast Asia," it wasn't that I'm an idiot and don't know my world geography, it's that this summer vacation has gone through many, many changes. At first, I was going to go to Laos on a vegetarian trip, but the other traveler were in their early fifties, no offense, but that's not my demographic and twenty seven days is a lot of time with the same six people who don't share the same lifestyle. Then there was going to be Antigua, Guatemala and language school and possibly trekking around that country and Belize, but apparently right now they are having some civil unrest and there are over forty murders a week in the capital city. So that didn't work out. Australia won out because:
  • It is first world and generally safe so I can go by myself
  • They speak English so I can even more go by myself (I know, I know, the English is different whatever)
  • It is definitely large enough to occupy me for a month. Many World Heritage Sites. I get bored quickly.
  • It does not snow unless you are going into the mountains
  • Cheap tickets this time of year.

So, friends, I will be gone July one to August fifth. More info to come later.

No comments: